Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2, 2009 Happy Day after May Day

Yes, we still have room for you on the Raid this year. I do not know the exact number of folks signed up, but it is so exciting to see the names of those folks that I know are coming back this summer.....
Sue from Oregon, Skip from LA sent in the paperwork this week.... It will be great to catch up with both of them about what they have been up to since last summer...

One face not with us this year is our loyal truck driver Gaylen and my good friend. Some of his own family members decided to organize a family reunion the same week as the Border Raid. Boy, the nerve of some relatives. Sadly he chose "family" over "friends." That old blood is thicker thing..... He will be greatly missed, but only for one year, he assured me he was going to straighten out his kin folks......

Mary has been working hard behind the scenes designing, designing, designing and more designing. We still have some more pieces of the Border Raid puzzle to put together, but it is coming together. My son Ben has been updating and revamping our website so even computer dummies like myself can pretend to look like they actually know something about what they are doing.
I am getting better, I think I just passed out of the "I know just enough to make me dangerous" to " I know enough that I am dangerous" in terms of computers.

Mr. Registration, Paul has been busy collecting, confirming and connecting with BR riders.... I understand we have some far western Canadians coming this year..... Starts with an S and ends with wan.... Again this year, we have folks from all over the country coming together for a week of fun exploring history and quiet backroads of four states. We have old friends that come every year and new ones......
So stay dry, ride safely and be careful out there and June 20th will be here soon......
Rubber side stays down.
cheers Jim